Website Snow Ridge Resort
Ski and Snowboard Instructors
Resort: Snow Ridge Resort
Location: Turin, New York
Type of Job: Seasonal, Part-time, Hourly/Non-Exempt
Salary: Wage starts at the current NYS minimum wage and increases based on certification and experience.
Contact Information: Submit your application online at www.snowridge.com/employment
Come be a part of a fun and unique outdoor learning environment! We are looking to hire both certified and non-certified ski and snowboard instructors for our ’21-’22 winter season. If you are passionate about snow sports, self-motivated and a high energy individual, come join our great team of instructors at Snow Ridge Resort!
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Be “on-snow” ready and available to teach at all designated lesson times, when scheduled.
- Be able and ready to work in all types of winter weather and ski conditions.
- Utilize current teaching methods consistent with PSIA-AASI organization.
- Maintain a safe skiing and riding environment for all of our guests and students, including selecting appropriate terrain and effective class management.
- Instructors should make a continued effort to expand their knowledge and skill set in their preferred discipline, attending both on and off snow clinics throughout the year.
- Teach a variety of lessons including group and private lessons for all ages and abilities, as assigned.
- Flexible in response to changing class assignments and working in a fast paced environment.
- Adhere to all Snow Sports School and Snow Ridge policies and procedures, particularly as outlined in our handbook.
- Deliver exceptional guest service to all resort guests.
- Fulfill a season long teaching commitment.
- Availability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends. Expect to be asked to work extra hours or days on occasion, especially during the holidays and school breaks.
- Skiers or snowboarders ride at a Level I Certification standard in accordance to PSIA-AASI.
- Must have a strong understanding of the Responsibility Code.
- Ability to identify appropriate guest specific goals and develop lesson plans designed to achieve these goals.
- Be able to apply teaching methods consistent with PSIA-AASI and Snow Ridge Ski & Ride School standards.
- Be able to provide a safe and fun experience for all students by selecting appropriate teaching progressions, demonstrating skills and movements, and applying these skills on appropriate terrain.
- No prior instructor experience necessary, although preferred candidates will hold a current PSIA-AASI Level I Certification.
- Professional level knowledge of ski and snowboard equipment and terminology.
- Successful candidates will have strong guest service skills and demonstrate a friendly and helpful attitude on and off the hill.
- Instructors must be able to use strong decision making skills to determine what is best for every students needs, especially regarding safety.
- Must be 16 years old.
Application Deadline: December 1, 2021
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com