Website White Pine Ski Resort
Ski and Snowboard Instructors
Location: White Pine Ski & Summer Resort. Pinedale, Wyoming
Type: Winter Season. Ski School. Full and Part Time Positions Available. Christmas Break: (Every Day- December 17th-January 3rd)
Job Description: White Pine Resort is looking for full and part time, hardworking team players who enjoy the outdoors, teaching and are interested in the perks that working at a ski resort bring! Just 90 minutes South of Jackson Hole in the Wind River Mountain Range. Our Instructors demonstrate excellent work ethics and provide a safe and fun learning environment in a pristine setting. Don’t miss out on this unique teaching opportunity!
Pay Scale: Sliding Scale Based on Experience.
Reports To: Ski School Manager
Housing: Possible Affordable Housing. TBD.
- Must be 16 years or older.
- Must have reliable winter transportation.
- Must be able to lift up/push/pull up to 50 pounds.
- Possess and maintain a high level of responsibility and reliability.
- PSIA/AASI Certifications and Youth Certification/Credentials are Preferred but not required.
- Snowsports Instruction Experience Preferred
- Ability to Ski, Snowboard, and/or Nordic Ski with the ability and/or desire to develop one’s proficiency as an instructor.
- Must have good, effective, and respectful communication skills in the workplace at all times.
- Willingness and patience to work with children and adults of various ages, experience, athletic abilities, emotional and social backgrounds, ethnicity, and desires as it relates to snow sports.
- Ability to work independently with minimum amount of supervision.
- Possess a passion for the alpine winter environment.
- All employees of White Pine Resort must pass a pre-employment background check.
- Follow All Company Policies on and off the snow.
- Support Teamwork: Working effectively with fellow staff and leaders by engaging schedule commitments, being on time, pro-active in helping during meeting place activity and willing to support the program offerings to help the school meet demand on peak and off-peak dates.
- Pursue Professional Development: Take advantage of apprenticeship instructor training and association-based training and credentials, whether it is with PSIA. AASI, USSA or USASA.
- Improve capability and commitment to enhance guest satisfaction and drive retention with loyalty to White Pine.
- Guest Experience: Provide all guests with a caring and inspirational guided snow sport experience.
- Safety: Adhere to, and adopt, our safety guidelines to achieve zero employee and guest incidents per season.
- Teach and demonstrate skiing/boarding to guests in a safe environment using a variety of teaching techniques.
- Able to ski and/or snowboard at an advanced level and demonstrating maneuvers to students throughout the duration of a lesson for up to 6 hours per day.
- Work independently or with fellow employees for private or group lessons.
- Teach a variety of lessons, including clinics, beginning, intermediate and advanced levels.
- Welcoming students at the meeting place, guiding the learning experience while highlighting student successes throughout lessons.
- Able to organize classes and students according to individual student goals and abilities.
- Follow program and lesson content guidelines.
- Following Snowsports School’s safety guidelines while meeting or exceeding the guest expectation and supporting ski school objectives.
- Providing a consistently friendly, fun, safe, caring, and compassionate guest experience.
- Effectively communicate with internal managers, colleagues, and external guests, as appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with teammates and lead instructors to help form groups of similar interests and abilities.
- Identify guest interests using our terrain based and/or skill-based levels, a conversational understanding of their background as well as their expectations for the lesson(s) they purchased.
Apply today at http://www.whitepinewyoming.com/employment
All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment. Completed applications, accompanied with a resume if desired, can be emailed directly to the General Manager of White Pine Resort at .
White Pine Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Operating under USFS Special Use Permit in the Bridger-Teton National Forest.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org