Website Ragged Mountain Learning Center
Ski and Ride School Director
Responsible for the overall management and growth opportunities of the ski and snowboard school. This includes, but is not limited to, management of the facilities and its equipment, indoor and outdoor coaching staff, reservations, sales, ticketing, rentals and learning terrain.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, implement, supervise, coordinate, monitor and evaluate the services, programs and operating systems of all Ski and Ride School programs.
- Exercise full supervisory authority, directly and indirectly over 80. Plan and conduct staff meetings and training programs. Confer regularly with staff and managers to assign and review work; plan, coordinate and evaluate service/activities; resolve problems.
- Plan, administer and develop an operations budget for all programs in conjunction with the General Manager.
- Manage revenues, wages, and supplies according to budget. Meet or exceed budgeted EBITDA goals.
- Monitor staffing needs and work schedules in conjunction with other supervisors and managers.
- Responsible for monitoring/providing the quality of the clinics conducted within ski and ride school, including the mentoring of staff. Take a proactive role in making improvements. Coordinate with training staff, future training and mentoring needs and monitoring of staff development and improvement issues.
- Responsible for monitoring the opening and closing procedures of the learning area. Co-ordinate the traffic flow of pros and customers on the learning areas. Utilize signage, props, fencing to define various learning areas, switching of equipment when appropriate, etc. Maintain safe learning environment.
- Confer regularly with guests to explain programs, services, policies, schedules, rates, handle unusual problems, requests and/or complaints. Respond to all written feedback in a timely fashion.
- Plan and administer appropriate record keeping and reporting systems.
- Assist with general maintenance of the facilities as needed.
- Keep abreast of new development/trends within the “Ski School” industry.
Administrative and functional supervision, direct and indirect, of 80 employees.
Direction is received from the General Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in business and/or a minimum five years successful experience relative to the operation of a similar business.
- A broad base of knowledge in the ski business with five years of teaching or supervisory experience.
- Skiing/riding skills required. PSIA/AASI/USSCA certification recommended.
- Strong computer skills using MS Word, Excel and database management programs.
- Good planning, administrative, organizational, supervisory and budget management skills/experience.
- Ability to deal effectively with guests as well as a variety of company personnel.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org