Website Shredder: Indoor Ski and Snowboard School
Shredder Facility Manager
Shredder is looking for energetic, fun-loving managers to join our team! All shifts available (weekday mornings, weekday afternoons/evenings, weekends).
Shredder is Colorado’s first year-round ski and snowboard business dedicated to teaching young children the fundamentals of snow sports. Shredder offers classes for children ranging from 1 to 10 years old. Our classes cover fundamental ski/board skills, coordination, development activities, and games. Shredder utilizes indoor slopes with a unique Xtreme Grassworx turf that simulates snow.
As a Shredder Manager you would be expected to bring tremendous energy and to teach a variety of classes that are 40 minutes in length, along with maintaining facility/equipment, managing instructor schedules, etc.
- Assisting children in “gearing up” by putting on boots, skis/boards, and helmet.
- Instructing and assisting children in moving in both boots and skis/boards throughout the facility.
- Instructing children on our fundamental ski/board skills, on both flat ground and on our slopes.
- Assisting children in “gearing down” by removing all gear and organizing neatly.
- Interacting with student’s parents and explaining the progressions and answering any relevant questions.
- Assisting with general gym cleanliness.
- Managing email inbox and phone calls.
- Managing instructor shifts/work schedules.
To be an Instructor, you must:
- Be physically able to lift 50 lbs.
- Maintain high energy and enthusiasm throughout the entire class period, continuously encouraging the kids and providing clear, constructive feedback.
- Ensure safety of children at all times; be diligent and attentive to all children in your group.
- Have general knowledge of skiing/snowboarding fundamentals and be willing to learn our methods/terms.
- Be flexible and a team player! Kids can be unpredictable, so keeping patience and a positive attitude is key!
There are also opportunities for supplemental hours, like running Parents Night Out, Birthday Parties, Private Lessons, Camp Days, and more!
We provide competitive hourly wages in a fun, non-traditional work environment! If you have questions or would like to apply, please reach out!
- One location with the potential to work additional hours at other facilities in the area.
Job Types: Full-time
Salary: TBD based on prior experience
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org