Website Mt. Ashland Ski Area
School Group Coordinator
The Mt. Ashland Association, which owns and operates the ski area, is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. It is a cherished community asset, providing outdoor experiences which inspire all, support the local economy, and protect our alpine environment. We value our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and provide opportunities for all to join our team. Mt. Ashland has been STOKE certified since 2017 and has earned a spot on the 100 Top Green Workplaces in Oregon for several years.
Title: School Group Coordinator
Department: Snowsports Department
Pay Level: 4
Classification: Non-Exempt/ Hourly
Reporting Level: Snowsports Manager
Job Qualifications: MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE; minimum of 3 years experience in a Snowsports school environment. Current affiliation with PSIA or AASI and Certification preferred with focus on children’s programs; must be able to pass a background check; have a high school degree or equivalent.
Essential Job Functions:
- Be able to perform all the tasks asked of supervisors and hourly staff, including: setting up and take down of instruction area and special event setups; troubleshoot and repair operational functions; maintain daily documentation of all required snowsports activities, operations, incidents and accidents; teach lessons or tech rental equipment if needed.
- Schedule and facilitate school group visits including recruiting and scheduling volunteers, supporting registration, supervising each group’s visit, and corresponding with foundations who support this program
- Assist in supervising snowsports employees, as needed.
- Assist in the development, promotion, and execution of training clinics for guests and staff.
- Resolve guest service issues, especially with parents.
- Communicate effectively with Guests and other Mt. Ashland departments, employees, supervisors, and managers, including informing the mountain manager and Ski Patrol of potential hazards or problems.
- Assist in the development and execution of providing unique opportunities for low-income, disabled, and other people from across our community to become involved with snow sports at Mt. Ashland. Develop and maintain a reporting system that ensures accountability to donors and foundation supporters who support these diversification efforts.
- Perform other duties related to the position, or asked by supervisor or upper management.
- Perform all major essential job functions
- Complies with and enforces all of Mt. Ashland policies and procedures.
Physical Requirements: Work for long periods in outdoor, winter environment as needed, frequently shovel up to 50 lbs. of snow per load to maintain terrain park features, and carrying items up to 75 lbs. to transport equipment and supplies or when instructing Guests, bend at the waist, twist upper body, kneel, crawl, climb, reach above shoulder, have repetitive use of hands, arms and legs as needed, sit, walk or stand 6-8 hours per shift as needed; some of these actions may be required while on skis or a snowboard.
If the above job description is your jam, please fill out the application located at https://mtashland.com/employment
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com