Website ACHIEVE TAHOE
Achieve Tahoe, a non-profit that leads the way in providing adaptive sports and outdoor recreation for people with disabilities and their families, seeks a dynamic leader to join the management team in a full-time, year-round position as Program Manager.
About the Organization
Founded in 1967, Achieve Tahoe is dedicated to making sports a vital part of the process in which individuals with disabilities build health, confidence, and independence.
Based at Palisades Tahoe Alpine Meadows Resort in North Lake Tahoe, CA, Achieve Tahoe serves over 650 individuals annually. Our team of committed and experienced professionals leads over 200 active and dedicated volunteers. By joining this experienced team, a Program Manager will capitalize on Achieve Tahoe’s mission and financial success by delivering current program offerings as well as building additional program activities.
About the Position
Under the direction of the Program Director, the Program Manager, in collaboration with the Management Team, is responsible for designing, planning, scheduling, delivering, and evaluating Achieve Tahoe’s outdoor recreation programs for people with disabilities.
Principle duties include:
- Managing current and future adaptive sports programs which include, but are not limited to, instruction in snowsports, archery, climbing, equestrian, hiking, kayaking, sailing, and water skiing.
- Identifying, recruiting, training, scheduling, assigning, supervising, and managing volunteers, interns, and paid staff for Achieve Tahoe programs.
- Assessing and instructing participants with disabilities.
- Acquiring, using, maintaining, storing, and transporting equipment and vehicles.
- Assisting the development and management of new adaptive programming and corresponding budget, implementation, and evaluation plans.
- Assisting with fundraising, community relations, outreach, marketing, and special events.
- Representing Achieve Tahoe in a positive and professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Director.
Minimum Requirements for the Program Manager include a college degree in Therapeutic Recreation, Recreation Management, or a related field. Five years’ experience coordinating and supervising staff and volunteers in the delivery of adaptive sports activities similar to Achieve Tahoe programs. PSIA-AASI certified Level 1I Adaptive Ski Instructor. “If I Can Do This, I Can Do Anything!”sm Tel: 530.581.4161 | Fax: 530.999.2245 | P.O. Box 8339, Truckee, CA 96162 | www.AchieveTahoe.org Physical Address: 2680 Alpine Meadows Road, Alpine Meadows, CA 96146
The “Ideal” Program Manager will:
- Have a proven track record coordinating the delivery of, and leading and motivating staff in adaptive outdoor recreation programing.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of adaptive outdoor recreation program planning, instructional techniques, equipment use, program delivery, and program evaluation.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of disabilities.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, volunteers, participants, donors and the general public verbally and in writing, as well as make presentations to groups.
- Maintain current First Aid and CPR certification.
- Work outdoors under extreme weather conditions.
- Be PSIA-AASI certified at Level III Adaptive Alpine and Level II Alpine. Possess certifications in additional sports through organizations such as the American Canoe Association, The American Mountain Guides Association, the US Sailing Association, and the Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship International.
- Prioritize responsibilities and meet deadlines with little or no direct supervision.
This job announcement is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities required for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities my change at any time with or without notice.
Compensation Annual salary range to start is $68,000 – $79,000, commensurate with education and experience, along with health insurance and other benefits.
Work Schedule is full-time, year-round. Hours and days vary to meet program delivery schedules.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to Cindy Smith, Administrative Director, AchieveTahoe; .
Position is available immediately and will remain open until filled.
Achieve Tahoe is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to Cindy@AchieveTahoe.org