Website Kirkwood Mountain Resort
Nordic Center Attendant – Housing May Be Available
Create Your Experience of a Lifetime!
Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it’s your first-time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you’ll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service – our leading training and development experience, and wellness benefits to fuel your success.
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, and mountain shuttles
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (for eligible seasonal employees after working 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
The Nordic Center attendant will be responsible for assisting with daily operations of the Cross Country Center including but not limited to: trail pass and retail sales, equipment rentals, skill and technique demonstration, trail monitoring and facility upkeep all while maintaining a friendly, relaxed atmosphere and delivering outstanding guest service to each of our guests.
- Housing: May Be Available
- Expected Pay Range: $20.00 – $21.35 / hour
- Shift Availability: Full Time and Part Time
Challenge yourself: Take your skills and love of Nordic skiing and/or snowshoeing to new heights by joining the Kirkwood Cross Country Ski & Snowshoe Center. Here, you will be part of a team passionate about sharing classic and skate skiing, snowshoeing, and even fat bike cycling with individuals and groups new to these sports or those looking to improve their skills! Expand on your current ability level and help others fall in love with the Nordic environment while accessing some of the most beautiful, unique and diverse terrain Tahoe has to offer!
- Providing exceptional guest service at all times for both internal and external guests to create the safest and most enjoyable experience possible.
- Protecting the safety of self, co-workers, and guests at all times by following all company and department safety policies and procedures.
- Providing guests with information about the Cross Country Center trail system and offerings, as well as other resort information (directions, prices, etc.).
- Performing all rental and retail duties, including opening and closing procedures, running reports, locating and processing customer information, and fitting rental equipment.
- Providing guests with instruction on cross country ski, snowshoe and fat bike technique in private or group settings in accordance with resort methodology.
- Exhibiting the ability to demonstrate and communicate proper ski and snowshoe technique while maintaining a fun and safe atmosphere during lessons and guided tours.
- Monitoring telephone and email communications and responding to guest requests in a timely, courteous, and professional manner.
- Conducting equipment, trail, and facility maintenance as needed (including cleaning and waxing skis, assisting with snow removal, etc.).
- Exhibiting punctuality and time management skills while completing assigned tasks including reliably clocking in and out for shifts and breaks.
- Maintaining a commitment to learning and improvement by evaluating personal performance and accepting feedback from crew members and leadership.
- Reporting any potentially harmful equipment or situations as well as accidents or incidents to the immediate leadership without delay.
- Contributing to team effort by participating in Job Sharing, accepting diverse assignments, and maintaining a positive and friendly attitude and demeanor in all internal and external interactions.
- Assuming responsibility for the cleanliness of the Cross Country Center, the safety of self, guests and employees, and participating in all safety and service meetings.
- Meeting service level objectives and department goals as set forth by the leadership.
- Maintaining flexible work hours (short days, ride breaks, etc.) with the ability to respond to changes in the work environment (weather, on site events, etc.).
- Assisting the Cross Country Center Supervisor and Business Manager with coordination and administrative duties as needed.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent education.
- Must have excellent guest service and interpersonal skills.
- Must be fluent in all aspects of the English language (spoken and written).
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to carry out oral and written instructions, requesting clarification when needed.
- Must have basic knowledge of diagonal stride and skate skiing, word processing and spreadsheet programs, and internet navigation.
- Must have on snow experience with snowshoe, diagonal stride, and skate ski equipment.
- Must be available to work holidays and weekends.
- Must be able to develop and maintain effective working relationships and perform well in a team.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather in a high alpine environment.
- Must be able to lift, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and reach frequently.
- Experience competing, working or recreating in the field of cross country skiing and /snowshoeing.
- Experience working with guests of all ages in the guest service industry.
- Knowledge of the local area and resort.
- Experience teaching, coaching, or mentoring.
What’s in it for you?
- Free EPIC Pass to all of our resorts
- Discounted coupons for friends and family
- Shuttle bus from S. Lake Tahoe to Kirkwood
- Discount with select industry manufactures
- Discounted lodging at our Rock Resort Properties starting at $85/night
- 50% off Colorado Mountain Express transportation
- Food and beverage discounts at mountain dining locations
- Retail discounts at Vail Resorts Retail stores
- 10-25% off at our Starbucks locations
- Unique events! Including concerts, employee meals, employee activities, pro competitions!
- On site medical clinic with benefits for employees
- Job Share opportunities to work more hours if needed
- Carpool Incentive program
The expected pay range is $20.00 – $21.35. This is the pay range we reasonably expect to pay for this position. Individual compensation decisions are based on a variety of factors.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.vailresortscareers.com.