Alf Engen Ski School
Full Time and Part Time Alpine Ski Instructor
SKI POWDER. CHANGE LIVES.
Alta’s authentic alpine skiing experience and amazing snow quality inspire a friendly and welcoming environment on a hardcore skier’s mountain.
- Commission Based Compensation DOE
- Revenue Based Bonus
- Health Insurance and 401K for Qualifying Full Time Seasonal Instructors
What is it like to teach skiing at Alta?
- It’s fun! Alta’s ski school teaching philosophy is FUN – CONTROL – FREEDOM. Your goal at every level is to deliver an experience that is light-hearted with a focus on developing skills to improve control and the freedom to explore a bit more of the mountain.
- Take advantage of world-class training and certification preparation with a three-term PSIA Alpine Team Member and PSIA Intermountain Examiner Staff. Required training is compensated at an hourly rate and ongoing professional development and certification training are no charge.
- Your PSIA Certification and Accreditation is supported with a fee reimbursement program.
- You have opportunity to teach private lessons, programs and class lessons to adults, children and families.
- Learn the skills to teach all levels, including advanced–expert skiers. Alta Ski Area attracts locals and vacationers who are dedicated skiers. Over 50% of our adult and family private lessons are with Level 7–9 skiers in powder, moguls and steeper off-trail terrain.
- Join our community of instructors and ski school support staff numbering under 150 people. Ski school employee turnover is under 10% a year. We get to know you and you get to know us.
- Enjoy an authentic skiers-only mountain uncluttered by second-party advertising or other distractions from the joy of alpine skiing.
- Be comfortable in a spacious ski school locker room with easy personal access to your peers, supervisors and the ski school director.
- Plan on one of the most dependable ski seasons in North America. Alta is often awarded “best snow” in ski magazine resort rankings.
- Feel confident in Alta’s long-term consistency in ski area ownership, management and mission in skiing since 1938. Alta is a predictable and easy place to work and focus on the quality of your ski lessons.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Prior professional ski teaching experience required.
- PSIA Alpine Level 1, 2 or 3 Certification required.
- Commitment from December 1 to mid-April. Holidays required.
- Full-time and Part-time positions available. Minimum 45-day commitment.
- Orthopedic Screening required.
- Background Screening required.
Applications accepted until October 1, 2022.
For more information about working at Alta Ski Area including employee benefits and to apply online please go to https://www.alta.com/jobs.
Scott Mathers – Ski School Director