Website HoliMont Snowsports School
Free Ski Coach
Free Ski Coach will provide coaching and competition training for athletes of HoliMont Ski Club as a leader for the Free Ski Program and an active member of an interdependent team dedicated to providing the best possible environment for each competitive free ski athlete. Coach will actively participate in staff training on and off snow to better themselves and their team. Successful Coach will work with athletes, guests, members, and other employees to provide a platform for lifelong love of winter sport to grow on and off the job. Coaches are evaluated on display and commitment to HoliMont Core Values, performance of duties, attendance and punctuality, skiing/riding ability, technical knowledge, and willingness to improve (participation in clinics, PSIA and AASI Certifications, etc.).
Responsibilities and Duties
- Recognizes that service is our product and helping members and guest have a great skiing or riding experience is our primary goal.
- Embodies safety and skier/snowboarder responsibility as top priority while skiing/riding and coaching.
- Coaches group and individual athletes in all aspect of free skiing fundamentals and competition.
- Attends home and away competitions with athletes.
- Set and Maintain training and competition venues and environments.
- Strives to improve their personal skiing/riding skills, coaching skills, and knowledge.
- Appreciate that teamwork and cooperation with all resort employees and co-workers is essential for the success of the members, guest, Snowsports Department, and Club.
- Serves as an ambassador for HoliMont Ski Club and Snowsports, both on and off the job.
- Welcomes and assists members and guests in a friendly, helpful, and respectful manner.
- Reads and complies with the HoliMont Employee Handbook and Snowsports procedures.
- Responsible for all information from Snowsports School morning meetings and weekly e-mail communications.
- Supplies personal ski and board equipment and maintains it in a safe and functional condition.
- Looks for ways to better serve the members, guests, Snowsports Department, and Club.
- Must be a team player.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication and people skills; love dealing with people.
- Must be adaptable and willing to learn, grow, and improve.
- Must maintain a high level of energy and enthusiasm on the job.
- Must maintain a positive and professional attitude.
- PSIA/CSIA/US Ski and Snowboard or USASA Certification preferred
- Experience Appreciated
- Must be able to work long and irregular hours in all weather conditions.
- May have to lift and/or support athlete during training or competitions.
- Must wear an ASTM-F2040 approved helmet and provided Snowsports uniform at all times of work.
- Must be willing to work weekends, holidays, and busy periods.
Apply Here: https://holimont.com/careers/
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE OF THE WORK BEING PERFORMED. THEY ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE CONSTRUED AS AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND SKILLS REQUIRED OF PERSONNEL SO CLASSIFIED.
To apply for this job please visit holimont.com.