Website National Winter Activity Center
First Tracks Program Ski / Snowboard / X-Country Instructor
Academy Instructors are responsible for delivering our unique, experiential learning-based curriculum to guide school-aged children from discovery to self-mastery in skiing, snowboarding and cross-country skiing. They partner with the group leaders to assess the abilities of their group and develop a specific plan for the day. Instructors tailor the learning environment to the skills of each group by creating game stations that develop and advance these skills.
- Ability to ski / ride safely & confidently in all snow conditions, on varying moderate types of terrain and during extreme winter weather for prolonged periods of time (2+ hours outside).
- Must pass background check, complete on snow training and Safesport child safety training.
- PSIA/AASI Children’s Specialist and/or Level One Certification, or equivalent experience preferred (not required willingness to learn is valued).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Personable, patient, driven, reliable and accountable skier/snowboarder with a love of the outdoors, a passion for coaching and mentoring children.
- Team player committed to creating a nurturing, productive and fun environment that ensures the safety, success & welfare of all participants and coworkers.
- Continually coach the desired outcomes of on-snow games and activities to master skills progression through the Academy curriculum with the help of group leaders.
- Share daily plan of on-snow activities with group leaders prior to the arrival of their groups.
- Daily set-up and take-down of classrooms.
- Lead the group leaders and their group of children in fun & engaging games.
- Teach proper technique appropriate to the participants’ ability level.
- Promote safety & provide students with guidelines for safe skiing/riding.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with this job.
Full Time Position.
Apply at : https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=c16d01cb-a05e-4cd6-b781-f23f33c924bf&ccId=9200620714596_2&jobId=507657&lang=en_US
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com