Website Camelback Ski and Ride Academy
Director of Snowsports
The Director of Snowsports School will function as the strategic business leader of the Snowsports School division, including but not limited to operations, planning, budgeting, staffing, and payroll. The Director of Snowsports School is responsible for maintaining a level of service that exceeds the Guests’ expectations and ensures a positive working environment for its associates.
- Utilize networks to recruit and retain top talent of PSIA/AASI instructor levels
- Develop Snowsports School programming for children and adults as well as provide input on pricing and business strategy
- Responsible for the development and training programs for ski/snowboard instructors
- Oversee the supervision, coaching, mentoring, and appraisal of instructors and attendants
- Develop a team-oriented culture where all members feel welcome, valued, respected, and motivated to contribute to the overall success of the school
Next Level Duties:
- Collaborate to ensure all brand standards and values are always maintained
- Identify, recommend, and act upon any potential partnership opportunities that create a positive guest experience and potential revenue
- Optimize relationships with key partners and provide them with a strong direction for best outcomes
- Manage staffing for lesson sales desk and operators for surface lifts in the learning areas.
- Evaluate new revenue opportunities related to the snowsports school, events, activities, and guest experiences
- Develop and implement property-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet and exceed guest expectations
- Seek out sponsorship opportunities for equipment, features, and fencing
Must Have Personal Qualifications:
- PSIA/AASI ski or snowboard certification – Level II and/or equivalent experience.
- 5 years or more of previous Snowsports management experience preferred
- Ability to confidently and efficiently ski or snowboard all trails, participate in all activities at the Resort, and be able to access the entire property on and off skis/snowboard
- Significant planning experience that includes a blend of strategy and programming experience
- A strong track record with organizing programming for snowsports schools and resorts
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to work on multiple tasks in a timely and professional manner
- Strong financial acumen
- Detail oriented
More About Camelback:
Camelback Resort has been voted #1 Indoor Waterpark in the USA, #1 Ski Resort in Pennsylvania, and was selected by Conde’ Nast Traveler as one of The Best Ski Resorts in the U.S. and Canada: 2021 Readers’ Choice Awards. Our resort encompasses more year-round amenities than any other mountain resort in the country; adventure on the zip lines, ropes course, mountain coaster and more with fun for the entire family.
We are seeking enthusiastic and energetic individuals to join our team. Camelback Resort offers competitive wages, generous benefits (including health insurance, vacation, and 401K), and INCREDIBLE PERKS; such as complimentary access to Camelbeach, Aquatopia, and over 15 area amusement parks and attractions. Don’t waste time; apply today!
This job description is to be considered a general outline of the duties and responsibilities of this position and is subject to changes and revisions by Camelback Resort at any time. Responsibilities are listed as guidelines only and the job is not necessarily limited to these specifications.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.