Website Camelback Resort
Director of Ski Patrol and Medical Services
Department: Loss Prevention
Reports to: Senior Director of Loss Prevention
The Director of Ski Patrol and Medical Services will direct the daily operation of Ski Patrol and Medical Services including but not limited to operations, planning and staffing. The Ski Patrol and Medical Services Director is responsible for maintaining a level of service that exceeds the Guests’ expectations and ensures a safe and positive working environment for its Associates.
- Responsible for assisting with all aspects of mountain patrol operations, including hiring, staff management and training, and working with the volunteer patrol board.
- Provide leadership and oversight for all daily ski patrol operations including performing trail checks, efficient operation of dispatch, staffed first aid room, incident and injury response and extrication via skis/snowboard and rescue toboggan, assisting other mountain operations departments as needed, and closing sweeps.
- Responsible for first aid and medical coverage for events.
- Work closely with all Mountain Operations departments to ensure appropriate communication and collaboration on all mountain processes, procedures and activities.
- Examine and treat injured persons and administer first aid or cardiopulmonary resuscitation, if necessary, using training and medical supplies and equipment.
Next Level Duties:
- Conduct and document safety and training programs.
- Collaborate to ensure all brand standards and values are always maintained
- Develop and implements property-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet and exceed guest expectations
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Maintain property wide medical alertness – year round
Must Have Personal Qualifications:
- 10+ years’ experience in Ski Patrol operation preferred.
- Ability to ski all trails, participate in all activities at the Resort, and be able to access the entire property on and off skis required.
- Certified and current Outdoor Emergency Care (OEC) Technician – Required
- Certified in Outdoor Emergency Transportation (OET) – Required
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) – Preferred
- Leadership, problem solving, organizational and communication skills required
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to work on multiple tasks in a timely and professional manner
- Detail oriented
More About Camelback:
Camelback Resort has been voted #1 Indoor Waterpark in the USA, #1 Ski Resort in Pennsylvania, and was selected by Conde’ Nast Traveler as one of The Best Ski Resorts in the U.S. and Canada: 2021 Readers’ Choice Awards. Our resort encompasses more year-round amenities than any other mountain resort in the country; adventure on the zip lines, ropes course, mountain coaster and more with fun for the entire family.
We are seeking enthusiastic and energetic individuals to join our team. Camelback Resort offers competitive wages, generous benefits (including health insurance, vacation, and 401K), and INCREDIBLE PERKS; such as complimentary access to Camelbeach, Aquatopia, and over 15 area amusement parks and attractions. Don’t waste time; apply today!
This job description is to be considered a general outline of the duties and responsibilities of this position and is subject to changes and revisions by Camelback Resort at any time. Responsibilities are listed as guidelines only and the job is not necessarily limited to these specifications.
Where to apply: https://www.camelbackresort.com/about-camelback/careers/
To apply for this job please visit www.camelbackresort.com.