Website Kirkwood Mountain Resort
Development Teams Coach, Expedition Kirkwood – Winter 2022-23
Location: Kirkwood Mountain Resort – Ski & Ride School
Type of Job (full-time or part-time): Part-time positions available (w/ opportunity for FT if paired with other roles)
Salary and Benefits: $20+ / hour (based on certification and years of experience)
The Development Teams Coach will work with our advanced ski or ride athletes, ages 5-18, in a season long team environment. Teams will train every weekend and some holidays developing all mountain skiing and riding skills for non-competitive and competitive focused athletes. This training may include the following: all-mountain, freestyle, slope style, half pipe, skier–x and big mountain freeride. This role requires excellent planning, communication and programming skills. Coaches will provide quality training to program athletes in a safe and fun manner while upholding all California Skier Safety Act rules/regulations and Vail Resorts guidelines. This position can be combined with instructing in the Ski & Ride School or the opportunity to support across other resort functions to provide full time work.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Upholding the highest levels of safety on varied terrain in a high alpine setting with changing winter weather conditions.
- Following all Expedition Kirkwood, Ski & Ride School and Resort policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Evaluation of participating athlete’s skill sets, developing a plan accordingly and working with the program coordinator to make sure each group is cohesive.
- Consistent and thorough communication with athletes and parents on each participant’s skill development plan and goals throughout the entirety of the season.
- For competitive teams: an understanding of all rules and regulations as outlined by the governing associations: USSA, USASA, USCSA, etc, coordination of a competition plan with each athlete and their parents, potential for travel and support at off-mountain events and competitions.
- PSIA, USASA, USSA certification and or competitive background
- Previous experience in coaching or working with kids
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Previous competitive background
- PSIA Freestyle Accreditations
- High school diploma or equivalent education
- Ability to ski or ride at an expert level.
- Work well in a team environment
- Excellent communication and guest service skills
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
What’s in it for you?
- Free EPIC Pass to all of our resorts
- Discounted coupons for friends and family
- Shuttle bus from S. Lake Tahoe to Kirkwood
- Carpool Incentive program
- Professional development training on your personal skiing / riding as well as certification preparation
- Discounts with select industry manufactures
- Discounted lodging at our Rock Resort Properties starting at $85/night
- Food and beverage discounts at mountain dining locations
- Retail discounts at Vail Resorts Retail stores
- Unique events! Including concerts, employee meals, employee activities, pro competitions!
- On site medical clinic with benefits for employees
- Job Share opportunities to work more hours if needed
- Certification reimbursement program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Professional Development opportunities
Submit applications here: https://jobs.vailresortscareers.com/kirkwood/go/Kirkwood-Jobs/3529900/
Application Deadline: December 20th, 2022
To apply for this job please visit jobs.vailresortscareers.com.