Website Stowe Mountain Resort
Competition Services Supervisor
Stowe Mountain Resort is widely revered as the Ski Capital of the East. Located on Vermont’s highest peak, Stowe is a renowned world-class, family friendly, premium destination, offering year-round amenities from skiing to rock climbing and zip-lining. Travelers are drawn from across the globe to this dynamic mountain and the legendary community of this passionate, quintessential New England ski town. Come join the Stowe Mountain team where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.valresortscareers.com
The Competition Services Supervisor is responsible for the execution of all elements of Special Events and Competition Services Department and will support other operations within the Ski and Ride School as needed. This is achieved through a focus on quality control, guest and employee relations, staff performance and development, financial responsibility, communication, teamwork, and administrative duties. This position will work with the Ski and Ride School Senior Manager, Location Managers, Supervisors, and Administrative Assistants as well as well as other resort departments to ensure safe and efficient management of Special Events and Competitions.
Essential Job Duties:
- Work in partnership with various stakeholders to deliver on results that align with strategic operational goals
- Hire, train, schedule and manage the performance of department staff
- Participate in the planning of events as well as guide the coordination and operations for marketing and public relations requests
- Monitor and review employee performance with other supervisors and individual instructors on a regular basis.
- Work with the Senior Manager and Managers to support and achieve Guest Experience targets for the success of the overall Ski & Ride School
- Coordinate and execute on-mountain events, including alpine and snowboard racing, freestyle events, and marketing events.
- Coordinate training activities and hill space allocations with Mountain Operations and ski clubs
- Resolve guest complaints by utilizing guest service guidelines and accommodate special requests when appropriate.
- Understand, lead and model safety standards within the department.
- Ensure Instructors are knowledgeable about our product lines, company policies and procedures, and work schedules.
- Establish and review mutual seasonal goals and performance objectives with each instructor, providing feedback and coaching.
- Communicate effectively with leadership, peers and other departments to create an environment of support and trust that will benefit staff and guests.
- Lead safety and guest service expectations with all operations in the department including, but not limited to; snowmobile use venue set-up and tear down, the use of hand tools and equipment, and event course safety
- Support Ski and Ride School Operations as needed
- Understand, lead and model the Company’s mission, vision and values.
- Teach guests as necessary.
Other duties as assigned.
|Supervisory Experience:||· N/A|
|OTHER REQUIREMENTS: (Indicate specifics of other job requirements.)|
|Indoor/Outdoor:||Outdoor: Skiing/snowboarding. Ability to ski/ride a variety of terrain and conditions to move around the mountain and demonstrate appropriate skills/movements to instructors and guests. Train staff and teach public when appropriate.|
|Hazardous Materials/Noise:||No hazardous materials but noise exposure to snowmaking and grooming equipment|
|Equipment Used in Job:||Appropriate alpine ski or snowboard equipment that includes clothing, boots, bindings, skis or board, radio, computer, phone, fax, race equipment, video and photographic equipment|
|Holidays/Weekends/Evenings:||Required to work as needed, including holidays, weekends and some evenings.|
To apply for this job please visit jobs.vailresortscareers.com.