Website Windham Mountain
Certified Ski and Snowboard Instructors
Job Area: Ski and Ride School
Department: Ski and Ride School
Reports To: Ski and Ride School Supervisor
Overview of Position: Ski and Snowboard Instructors are responsible for delivering Above & Beyond services and experiences to our guests. Successful candidates will demonstrate a love and passion for skiing and snowboarding as well as a strong desire to help students achieve their skiing and snowboarding goals.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Be present and ready to teach at all designated lesson times.
- Be able and ready to work in all types of weather and ski conditions including ice, heavy snow, rain, sleet, wind, sun, and varying temperatures.
- Utilize modern teaching methods and tactics consistent with PSIA/AASI or equivalent organization.
- Teach a variety of lessons including group and private lessons for children and adults ranging from beginner to advanced based on the needs of the school.
- Demonstrate high level decision-making skills regarding on-mountain safety including appropriate terrain selection and effective class management.
- Adhere to all Snow Sports School policies and procedures particularly as it relates to guest and employee safety.
- Deliver exceptional guest service to all resort guests.
- Fulfill a season long teaching commitment.
- Other undefined duties may be required periodically.
- Must hold a current PSIA/AASI Level 1 Certification or equivalent from another professional organization.
- Skiing/Snowboarding Ability
- Skiers or snowboard at a Level 1 Certification standard.
- Must have a strong understanding of the Alpine Responsibility Code and appropriate skier and rider mountain etiquette.
- Teaching Ability:
- Ability to identify appropriate guest-centered lesson goals and develop lesson plans designed to achieve these goals.
- Be able to apply teaching methods consistent with PSIA/AASI and our in-resort training program.
- Be able to provide a safe and fun experience for all students by selecting appropriate teaching progressions, demonstrating skills and movements, and applying these skills on appropriate terrain.
- Prior experience and PSIA/AASI certification a plus.
- Technical Knowledge:
- Understand skill development concepts including proper tasks/exercises selection.
- Professional level knowledge of ski equipment and terminology.
- Personal Attitudes:
- Strong guest service skills are essential.
- Must be friendly and helpful to guests and employees.
- Ability to manage different guest needs in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to make good decisions regarding student safety.
- Must be 16 years old.
Work Schedule and Conditions: We are in the business of providing an Above and Beyond product and guest experience. Traditionally our busy periods are during weekends and holidays which you will be expected to work. You can also expect to be asked to work extra hours or days on occasion, especially during the holidays.
Salary starts at $15.00/hr and goes up based on certification and experience.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com