Website Whitefish Mountain Resort
Job Title – Alpine Ski or Snowboard Instructor
Location – Whitefish Mountain Resort – Whitefish, Montana
Type of Job – Full Time Seasonal
Salary – DOE and Certification Levels
Job Description –
- Can effectively instruct large groups (9+ students).
- Can demonstrate the Ski & Snowboard School’s teaching progression, skiing or snowboarding model, and PSIA/AASI concepts
- Maintain group return and private request rates, and able to teach ability levels indicative of instructor’s group placement.
- Experienced instructors assist with supervising school groups
- Group 2 & 3 instructors assist as needed with supervising line-up, break ups and programs
- Group 3 instructors assist with and provide training clinics to their peers in primary discipline
- Practice skier responsibility and risk management in teaching and skiing.
- Know details of ski and ride school offerings and pricing, and general Resort information.
- Diligently and accurately complete daily timecards
- Coordinate scheduling with supervisor; ready for any work assignments when scheduled to work; follows direction of supervisors.
- Perform extra assigned duties: marketing, meeting groups, tours, help out at sales desk, and other miscellaneous functions relating to ski school or other departments.
- Participate in required early season training annually, additional training may be required by your supervisor(s); participation in optional clinics preferred.
- Attend periodic staff meetings when scheduled
- Encouraged to cross-over and be trained to instruct other disciplines
- Has a positive attitutude and enthusiasm for their work and Whitefish Mountain Resort
- Provide consistent professional and courteous treatment of customers, staff, and fellow employees. Maintain a positive working relationship with instructors and other departments.
- Maintain a professional and neat appearance.
- Work within framework of company and department policies and procedures and supportive of same to co-workers and guests.
- Meet or exceed all critieria outlined in the Instructor Manual & WSI Employee Handbook
Experience Required –
- Must be able to ski or snowboard, at an intermediate or above level
- Great customer service skills, ability to communicate well, and good adaptability required
- Previous ski industry or teaching preferred
- Level I or above certification through PSIA/AASI or equivalent organization preferred; expected to obtain within first season if instructor does not have certification upon hiring
- Must be available for work during the Christmas/New Year’s week, the week surrounding President’s Day, and consistent days of the week throughout the local Program season (early January – mid March)
- Knowledge of Whitefish Mountain Resort, Big Mountain and Flathead Valley preferred
- Acceptable information regarding criminal history background. (Post offer – Pre hire)
Education Required –
- Minimum of 2 years of high school education
Application Deadline – N/A
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.