Website Sunday River Resort
Adult Programs Manager
Location: Sunday River – Newry, Maine
Type of Job: Full-time
Salary: competitive hourly wage based on experience, rates start at $16-$20 per hour
The Sunday River SnowSports School team members are enthusiastic, ambitious, thrive in the outdoors, love the mountain lifestyle, have a positive “get ‘er done attitude” and are passionate about skiing and snowboarding. If that sounds like you, we want you on our team! We have fun, love what we do, work together as a team and use every guest interaction as an opportunity to create lifelong skiers and snowboarders. Come join us this winter!
Core Responsibilities for the Adult Programs Manager:
- Advocate of Safety – Team members are expected to promote and act as a role model of the responsibility code, Park Etiquette and Education Program, and Sunday River’s safety policies.
- Commitment to Exceptional Guest Service – Team members are expected to provide all guests with a caring and inspirational guided snow sport experience that includes safety, fun and learning as the foundation. The SnowSports School instructors will be responsible for our guests’ lesson experience, including but not limited to, welcoming guests in meeting areas, fitting guest’s equipment, guiding the learning experience, highlighting the student successes throughout the lesson and inviting return for another lesson experience. Every guest interaction should be focused on sharing our passion for snowsports and creating lifelong skiers and snowboarders.
- Support Team Work – Team members are expected to work effectively and efficiently with fellow team members and managers, fulfill schedule commitments and add availability during peak times, be on time and prepared for work, be pro-active in helping during registration times, willing to take on more responsibilities as needed and accept daily lesson assignments with a positive “can-do” attitude!
- Pursue Professional Development – Team members are encouraged to take advantage of in-house instructor training and association based training and credentials including PSIA/AASI. Team members should actively access their skills and seek feedback and guidance from other team members, trainers and managers that can support their development. Team members should be committed to improving, learning and developing as a snowsports instructor and snowsports athlete, we are always “green and growing” and are always striving to be the best instructor we can be!
- To plan and direct the operations of the SnowSports School Adult (ages 13+) Day programming with emphasis on the Learn to Ski and Ride programs.
- Hold daily team member meetings to encourage open communication.
- Hold team members accountable for proper performance of their jobs.
- Be available to team members for questions, concerns or problems.
- Schedule instructors for daily assignments within the Adult Day Programs.
- Manage daily payroll for all Adult centered team members.
- Provide open and timely communication and give clear expectations to all Adult Team Members.
- Work with the rental department to ensure all LTS/LTR equipment is maintained and available.
- Work with SnowSports School Management Team to facilitate the best SnowSports School experience for guests and team members.
- Work with the SnowSports School Management Team to facilitate the highest profit contribution possible throughout the entire SnowSports School.
- Assist instructors and guests on hill in lessons as needed.
- Provide constructive feedback to instructors and work with the SSS Training Coordinator to provide training opportunities to enhance the guest experience and increase the instructors’ performance.
- Demonstrate and communicate proper ski techniques in accordance with the guidelines established by the resort and Professional Ski Instructors of America/American Association of Snowboard Instructors.
- Be familiar with and adhere to the policies and procedures of the resort Team Handbook and the SnowSports School Manual.
- Respectfully use team member benefits as they are outlined in resort policies.
- Contribute to team effort by participating in job sharing; assuming responsibility for the cleanliness of the resort and safety of guests and employees; participating in safety meetings; sharing insights from guest interactions and ideas for improvements; accepting diverse assignments; maintaining a positive and friendly attitude and demeanor in all team member and guest interactions.
- Support SnowSports School sales by learning, understanding and being able to explain products, reservation processes and other operational procedures to staff and guests to enhance the guest experience.
- Other duties as assigned.
- PSIA/AASI Level 2 /3 Preferred
- Be able to communicate well with guests, both children and adults, other team members and managers. Clear, courteous and timely communication skills are required
- Willingness to work with children and adults of various ages, experience, athletic abilities and desires as it relates to snow sports.
- Willingness to work with beginners often.
- Ability to keep a positive outlook, problem solve, improvise, adapt, adjust and overcome challenges in the learning environment as needed.
- Ability to guide quality snowsport experiences for guests and team members, time and time again.
- PSIA/AASI Credentials and Certification favored.
All seasonal Team Members at the Sunday River SnowSports School receive:
- FREE Sunday River Season Pass. Part Time and Full Time employees also receive a Season Pass valid at Sugarloaf and Loon.
- Full Time team members are eligible for Season Pass benefits for their dependents.
- Full Time and Part Time team members are eligible for discounted skiing at other Boyne resorts.
- Discounted lodging opportunities at Sunday River and other Boyne resorts.
- Discounted ski/snowboard lessons, rentals, retail, restaurants/cafeterias, child care and other resort services at Sunday River.
- Full Time employees are eligible for affordable employee housing.
- Discounts from Sunday River’s official partners including Under Armor, Verizon and others.
- Reimbursement for personal development certifications including PSIA/AASI.
- Monthly team member events.
Contact Information: complete an online application at https://www.sundayriver.com/employment or contact Glen Harrop , for additional information.
Application Deadline: 10/15/21
To apply for this job please visit www.sundayriver.com.