Website Mount Snow Resort
Adult Programs Manager-Ski School-Winter Seasonal
Location: Mt Snow, Dover, VT
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Responsible for the daily management and growth opportunities of all adult (ages 13 and over) programs
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, implement, supervise, coordinate, monitor and evaluate the services, programs and operating systems of the Adult and Teen Ski School Programs, includes, but is not limited to, management of facility, indoor staff, ticketing, reservations, ski and snowboard pros and learning terrain. Programs involved include but are not limited to: private clinics, adult levels 1-8 (other than GLM) and adult speciality/seasonal programs.
- Exercise full supervisory authority, directly and indirectly over 90 employees Plan and conduct staff meetings and training programs. Confer regularly with staff to assign and review work; plan, coordinate and evaluate service/activities; resolve problems.
- Plan staffing needs and work schedules in conjunction with other supervisors and team leaders.
- Responsible for monitoring the quality of the clinics conducted within the Adult Programs, including the mentoring of staff. Takes a proactive role in making improvements. Coordinate with training staff, future training and mentoring needs and monitoring of staff development and improvement issues.
- Responsible for opening and closing procedures of the learning area(s). Co-ordinate the traffic flow of pros and customers on the learning areas, work with grooming department to groom for the special needs of the learning area(s). Utilize signage, props, fencing to define various learning areas, switching of equipment when appropriate, etc. Maintain safe learning environment.
- Administer and develop an operations budget in conjunction with the Ski School Director. Supervise revenues, wages and supplies according to budget. Meet or exceed goals.
- Supervise reservations, registration procedures, transactions and credits in conjunction with other supervisors/team leaders.
- Confer regularly with guests to explain the Adult Programs, services, policies, schedules, rates, handle unusual problems, requests and/or complaints.
- Confer regularly with immediate supervisor and other company personnel to plan, coordinate and evaluate services/activities, exchange information and resolve problems. Attend training and staff meetings.
- Plan and administer appropriate record keeping and reporting systems.
- Ensure that all standards are maintained. Prepare various administrative/operations reports and records.
- Assist with general maintenance of the facilities as needed.
- Ensure all safety standards, audits and processes are followed. Minimize the health and safety risks and maintain a safe work area. Perform duties in a manner to maximize safety and minimize risk to employees or the public. Hold managers and staff to the same standard
- Handle all Guest concerns in a professional and timely manner.
- Promote a fair and harmonious work environment.
- Provide direction and leadership for all employees.
Reports to: Ski School Director
- Good planning, administrative, organizational, supervisory and math skills. Some budget management training/experience desirable.
- Ability to deal effectively with guests as well as a variety of company personnel.
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs. floor to waist and overhead without assistance and able to assist other team members in lifting items >25 lbs.
- Able to stand, walk and work long hours between rest periods.
- Able to reach, bend, climb, grasp, kneel, push, pull, and twist as needed.
At Mount Snow we work as a team, flexing with the business and team needs. Responsibilities, duties and the requirements for this position may change at any time, with or without a change in title, benefits or salary. Like most jobs in the ski industry, this position requires a flexible schedule, possibly working outdoors in all elements, working holidays, weekends, events, and long hours as necessary.
- 5 A broad base of knowledge in the ski business with five years of teaching and supervisory experience.
- Skiing/riding skills required. PSIA/AASI/USSCA/PDP Level III minimum certification.
Bachelor’s degree in resort operations, or related field preferred and 4-6 years of ski school supervisory experience or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Contact Information: https://jobs.vailresortscareers.com/
Application Deadline: Open
To apply for this job please visit jobs.vailresortscareers.com.