Website National Ability Center Ski & Snowboard Program
Adaptive Ski/ Snowboard Instructor
Do you want to make a difference on the mountain? The National Ability Center is looking for qualified individuals to facilitate snow sport experiences to participants of all ages and abilities in Park City, UT this winter.
Instructor candidates will deliver inclusive, quality programming to individuals + groups in a safe and fun environment. Join our team of talented adaptive instructors, receive training on the latest practices & equipment and empower individuals in the Greatest Snow on Earth!!
Position Types: Seasonal Full and Part Time available, Volunteer, weekend and holidays will be required.
Location: Park City Mountain Village, Canyons Village, Deer Valley and other Utah resort locations.
Supervisor: Ski and Snowboard Program Manager
Skill level: Must be an intermediate skier or rider.
Employment Contingencies: Background Check, Interview, successful completion of on-snow training and demonstration of ski/ ride skills, safety, and customer service standards.
Core Tasks and Responsibilities
-Provide individual, family and/or group instruction to a variety of skill levels utilizing adaptive techniques, strategies, and equipment as necessary.
– Uphold safety/risk management protocols in a caring and fun environment for participants, volunteers, and staff.
– Ensure individuals are utilizing equipment or activities appropriate to their needs, in a safe and effective manner.
– Complete required assessment and documentation after completion of lessons
– Be a positive representative and ambassador of National Ability Center programs, events, and activities in our community
– Commit to continuing education in adaptive field utilizing internal and external resources to ensure our programs promote growth, empowerment, and improvement.
– Communicate clearly, honestly, and respectfully with all staff, participants, parents, volunteers, management, and co-workers
– Uphold and demonstrate National Ability Center core values.
– Other duties as assigned.
– Intermediate to advanced skiing/riding skills
– Must be willing to work with people of all abilities and ages.
– Must be able to deliver professional snow-sport instruction in a variety of weather conditions.
– Create a safe and fun learning environment.
– Demonstrated history of responsibility, dependability, and maturity
– Ability to demonstrate patience and provide concise, effective feedback.
– Strong communication skills & timely response with correspondence
– Ability to be flexible, creative, and adaptable to situations and assignments.
– Support program needs with solution-oriented initiative.
– Bilingual a plus!
– Ability to consistently lift, carry, and load equipment (if applicable) that weighs 50 plus pounds.
– Current Epic Local season pass at Park City
– Access to industry pro deals
– Scholarship funds for continuing education and certification
– Discounts in the NAC Merch Booth
– Various local discounts for ski/sb tuning.
– Accident insurance for eligible employees
– Encouraging + empowering work environment
$20.00+ per hour BOE
To apply for this job please visit " rel="nofollow">discovernac.org.