|RM - Cross Country Level 1 Assessment Grand Mesa Nordic||Back to Calendar|
Date: Tuesday, March 23, 2021 from 8:45 am - 4 pm MT
Add to Personal Calendar
Event Type: Certification Exam
Location: Grand Mesa Nordic
Host Division: Rocky Mountain
- Cost: $95.00
- CEUs: 6
Prerequisites: Current PSIA-AASI Membership, Cross Country Level 1 Prep, Cross Country Level 1 Workbook, Delivering the Beginner Experience - Cross Country E-Learning Module
Registration Deadline: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 11:59 pm MT
Online Registration: CLOSED
Participants will be assessed in a friendly, non-threatening manner in areas of Cross Country teaching, skiing skills, people skills and technical knowledge for both Classic and Skate technique. Teaching scenarios, group and individual movement analysis and plenty of skiing will be the venues for participants to demonstrate their understanding of modern Cross-Country teaching, skiing and people skills. Participants need to have intermediate classic and skate skiing skills.
Equipment includes Classic and Skate ski equipment for skiing groomed trails.
Participants need to complete the XC Level 1 Workbook as well as complete the XC E-Learning Module "Delivering the beginner experience - Cross Country" at least 72 hours before the assessment.
Additional Event Details:
Check-in Time/Location: Check in will be at 9AM a.m. at the Grand Mesa Nordic Center-- Skyway cross country ski trailhead: https://goo.gl/maps/TMiaeYecuxZSMCJ97
· To learn more about the ski trail system on Grand Mesa go to https://gmnc.org/trails/skitrails
Cross Country E-Learning Module Requirement / Cross Country Workbook Requirement: All Cross-Country Level 1 Candidates are required to complete the Delivering the Beginning Experience E-Learning Module as well as the Cross-Country Workbook. See links below:
· Delivering the Beginner Experience- Cross Country (Complete Prior to Event): https://lms.thesnowpros.org/product/delivering-the-beginner-experience-cross-country/
· Cross Country Workbook (Complete During Event): https://www.psia-rm.org/download/resources/cross-country-documents/xc-level-1/XC-Level-1-Workbook-2019-20-final.pdf
PSIA AASI-RM Covid-19 Policy: CLICK HERE We will ask that you leave event if you're unable to comply with guidelines-no refund will be provided. Should you be experiencing symptoms associated with Covid-19, call the office ASAP- 970-879-8335. Or copy/paste this link: https://www.psia-rm.org/covid-updates/
PSIA AASI- RM Helmet Policy: Except for Cross-Country activities, A helmet is required at all on-snow events.
Food: It is important to pack your own lunch/hot beverage should food options not be available during the time of the event.
Ski Passes: GMNC is a small non-profit organization and relies exclusively on voluntary donations to maintain the ski trails. GMNC is happily accommodating the event and is committed to grooming for the event with its PistenBully, no matter the weather. GMNC would be grateful if you would donate just $10/day for trail use. You can do so online at https://gmnc.org/trails/trail-use-donation
Discounted Lodging: Lodging info: PSIA receives a 15% discount through choice hotels - www.choicehotels.com à follow the steps below to make a reservation. I would recommend staying in the Silverthorne/Frisco/Dillon area for the training. Let me know if further questions come up. Have a wonderful day!
Steps to Book Online:
· On sorting page, select destination / and input dates
· Click on "Special Rates" and then select "special rate/corp ID"
· Enter 00224550 and confirm PSIA
· Click on "Find Hotels"
· From there, select desired hotel and proceed as a normal check out (discount will be applied)
Please know that you will be asked:
· Bring your employee pass if you are employed by the host area. Trail passes are generously donated by the host area for those not employed there.
· Please be sure your equipment meets current safety specifications.