|Children's Specialist 1 Prep Webinar||Back to Calendar|
Date: Tuesday, January 11, 2022 from 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm MT
Add to Personal Calendar
Event Type: Webinar
Location: Online (Intermountain RingCentral)
Host Division: Intermountain
- First Chair Rate: $60.00 (available through Monday, December 27)
- Last Chair Rate: $85.00
- CEUs: 3
Prerequisites: Current PSIA-AASI Membership, Must have level 1 certification in a primary discipline
Registration Deadline: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 11:59 pm MT
Online Registration: CLOSED
The CS 1 Prep Course is a 2 hour webinar designed to prepare the participant for the CS 1 Assessment. The goal of this course is to introduce and explore the learning outcomes in the CS 1 Assessment. This goal will be reached by viewing the CS 1 Powerpoint in addition to a variety of guided activities focused at a CS 1 level of knowledge and application.
Course Learning Outcomes:The CS 1 Prep course will follow the Learning Connection Model's outline with children's specific criteria.
- To increase the ability to provide developmentally appropriate communication that meets the group's needs and the parent's needs.
- To increase ability to manage intra-personal and interpersonal situations with the group of children as a whole and their parents in a developmentally appropriate manner
- To increase ability to use provided information about children and parents to plan an agreed upon learning experiences through the intermediate zone.
- To increase ability to deliver developmentally appropriate experiences and reduce physical risk and emotional risk.
- To increase ability to identify and compare characteristics of cognitive, affective and physical growth including psycho-motor development for a group of children, relative to snowsports, through the intermediate zone.
- To increase ability to identify cause and effect relationships influenced by child growth, stages of psycho-motor development and equipment option and prescribes a solution for a single fundamental in a group setting through the intermediate zone.